The mission of the Trinidad Bay Watershed Council (TBWC) is to work collaboratively to improve and maintain the watersheds, coastal waters, communities in the Trinidad and Westhaven area for the benefit of all community members.
TBWC Meetings are held quarterly in January, April, July and October (or November). We discuss watershed issues, provide input on proposed projects, hear partner updates, and plan watershed-related activities. All are welcome to attend our meetings.
Trinidad Bay Watershed Council Goals
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Trinidad-Westhaven Integrated Coastal Watershed Management Plan (Watershed Plan).
- Provide input and participate in the updates of the Humboldt County General Plan and the City of Trinidad General Plan.
- Foster partnerships and coordination with local community members, state and federal agencies, and other local & regional water resource related efforts.
- Develop and support opportunities for economic and community development that improve well-being for residents, the community, local businesses and the coastal ecosystem.
- Promote stewardship of the land, natural and cultural resources in the Trinidad Bay coastal area through education, outreach, and technical and financial assistance.
- Promote improvement and maintenance of public and private roads in the Trinidad Bay Watersheds through work with the County, the City of Trinidad, landowners, businesses and community members.
TBWC Oct 2014 Meeting notes